Kristine is the heart and soul of Exceleration, she is an inspirational coach who is always smiling and bringing out the best in those around her. The program she founded in 1998 strengthens bonds of friendship within the community and gives children and families a positive sport experience.
- Gold Medalist 1994 ITU Duathlon World Championships in Hobart, Australia.
- Featured in the In Her Footsteps exhibit at the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame and recognized for her contribution to sport, particularly for girls and women in sport.
- Founder of Exceleration Triathlon and Multisport.
- Professional teacher: Elementary with Learning Disabilities focus.
- Coach (25 years) of movement and sport experiences for children and youth.
- Masters of Science in Coaching (Neuro Motor Psychology; Motor Learning).
- Master Learning Facilitator; National Coaching Certification. Program (NCCP) Master Evaluator, National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).
- Kids of Steel® (National Youth Triathlon Program) Race Director.
Kris is a coach who leads with his heart. With over 32 years of experience both as an athlete and a coach he is passionate about developing people before athletes. He puts the health both mentally and physically of his athletes above all else while at the same time helping them push their personal competitive limits.
- Awarded 2020 Community Sport Champions award.
- Competitive National Level Swimmer.
- Started coaching Triathlon as a swim specialist 25 years ago with the Manitoba National Triathlon training center.
- Moved to BC 15 years ago as a swim/triathlon/water polo coach.
- Started with Exceleration 14 years ago.
- Has been coaching for 32 years.
- Has coached many national level and international level swimmers and triathletes, including athletes that went onto the Olympics.
We’re grateful for the dedicated team of lead and support coaches who work with us to share our love of sport.
Do you have a desire to make a difference and have fun? Join our coaching team by contacting us today.
Board of Directors
President – Erin Thrift
Vice President – Michael Gall
Treasurer – Judith Hradsky
Secretary – Andrea Mechler
Director of Events – Kathryn McIntosh
Director of Volunteers – Linh Le
Kids of Steel Rep – Vacant
Adventure Tri Rep – Mark Louie